Monday, August 26, 2013

Miss Bindergarten...

WAIT a minute...
Miss Guy was ready for Kindergarten!  We had a wonderful first day and I'm in love with my little buckaroos...BUT oh my, I'm going to SLEEP well tonight!
I am so used to blogging all about our day...however, it was a blur!!! I'm not really sure what happened in here!
We introduced our poem :
Jack be nimble
Jack be quick
Jack jumped over the candlestick.
Be sure to ask your little one what nimble and quick mean.  Then we thought it would be fun to change Jack to the OUR names.  We even got a chance to jump over the candlestick!!


After being able to recgonize our names we then practiced writing them!  These should be in your child's backpack!  We will continue to practice tracing and writing our names (maybe all year!)
We then read Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten!
We completed our first class book.  We drew pictures of how WE got ready for kindergarten.  Some friends even did some sharing!


 



Before lunch we took a little walk...practicing bubbles and duck tails...as well as staying in a straight line on our side of the "road" (another thing we will practice a lot of!) One of our stops was the library.
Mrs. Biamont asked us what we like to read about..."Sharks, mermaids, Sponge Bob, Lightning McQueen..." to name a few!

Then it was time to practice lunch...Where would we sit and what were the rules?  
Yep, raise your hand if you need ANYTHING in the cafeteria!
Then outside for MORE...you got it RULES of the playground...We did get a few minutes to play and run around.  (sorry, I was taking little ones in to use the restroom...no pictures today!)

And then FINALLY, it was lunch time! We actually got to EAT our lunch!





After lunch we got to explore in the math tubs...I heard some great conversations going on.  "Mine is taller, I have more, look at this pattern, I'm putting them in a circle, A square has for sides and they are all the SAME!"  I think I might have some mathematicians in here!






Time for snack and some computer time.  Mrs. Grayard and Mrs. Davis had a great time with the 313 buckaroos!  Ms. Guy enjoyed a little <down> time with the other K teachers! WOW...

When we got back...it was time to talk about daily folders and getting home!  Unfortunately, the blue folders we got this year did not have brads in it!!! So, all I could find a class set of was black. (Our daily folders will be black this year!)  Inside your child's folder you will find a baggie. This baggie is for any notes or money that needs to be returned!  I have found that if you stick it in the "pocket" of the folder it "somehow" gets "lost" from their backpack to the classroom! :) You will find class expectations and the color system as well as a calendar. On the calendar we will put our daily color! All greens and a purple today!

Thank you so much for the sweet gifts today!  A survival kit..."shhh don't tell anyone...but I think I needed it today! I "might" have forgotten what it's like to start kindergarten...it has been about 12 years! BUT I loved every moment of it! I am so happy to BEE a kinder teacher this year! And I can't wait to get a PEDI and put on some SPARKLE!!!!

What a great first day! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...FYI from experience the second day is usually harder than the first!  



No comments: