Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's that WONDERFUL time of year!! The following are Kindergarten's adopted angels! ANY donations are welcome!!! Let's make it a SPECIAL holiday for these two children!
Our Student council representative (Emily) made our poster to help us remember to help those less fortunate!


Angel # 661---1385
Age: 10 Gender: Male
Sponsor: Robertson
Pants: 12 to 14 C-child Shirt: 10 to 12 C-child
Shoe: 7 Coat: XL C-child
Underwear: Med
Need: Shoes, coat, clothing
Wish: Ipod shuffle, Bike, Game


Angel # 159---344
Age: 6 Gender: Female
Sponsor: Robertson
Pants: 8 C-child Shirt: 8 C-child
Shoe: 13 Coat: M C-child
Underwear: 8
Need: cowboy boots, dresses, skirts , shoes
Wish: jewelry making kit, , Leapad Explorer


Please send unwrapped gifts in a bag with the ANGEL NUMBER on the bag.
Thank you for making the difference in the life of
A child, during the holiday season.

Buck A Roo
Today Mom came in and had a great lunch with our Buck A Roo!!! But before I could take the picture...Jakson wanted to make sure I was REALLY 100 years old! Yes...(at least that's what it feels like many days...) and this year I'll be 101!!! My littles keep me YOUNG!

Yesterday Jakson read his book to the class!



We watch a video click here about The Pilgrims and their voyage to a new land.  We found out that they sailed here on the Mayflower and it was NOT an easy trip! After discussing the trip we made our own Mayflower!  Some littles even added the pilgrim that fell overboard but was rescued! (I love these babes)

Our problem solving went a little like this today! A pilgrim went fishing.  ("I knew it) He caught 9 fish. Some were spotted and some were striped. How many were spotted and how many were striped? It is amazing to me...that all I needed to do was read the problem and these little buck a roos got RIGHT to it!!! Just a little decomposing of numbers all in a kindergarten day! YES...you read it right!!! DECOMPOSING...that is the vocabulary we use to show we are breaking a number apart!!!
This is ONE TABLES work!
And this is with LITTLE help at all from this teacher!  I JUST LOVE IT!!! We had so many GREAT answers! One little one whipped through the pictoral part of the solving and said, "Can I just go ahead and write my number sentence?" WOWZERS....

With that...you all have a wonderful evening!


No comments: