Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!
2014

I am so excited to be back in the classroom!  Yesterday was a GREAT day. Everyone seemed excited to see their friends and talk about everything that went on the past two weeks!  

On Saturday, I was at Little Elm Rec center to watch my little Bubby (Hank) play basketball!  I was pleasantly surprised when I also, got to watch Addie CHEER!  I love seeing my littles out doing their THING!!! (I'm only sorry, I didn't get a picture.)

BUCKAROO of the Week

I have not given up on videos...but...voices just aren't quite LOUD enough...(until they get on the playground of course!)

Literacy:

As you can see from the picture our Word Wall Word this week is this.

Our poem is...
EEKK
Elbow to elbow
Knee to knew
I'll read to you, 
And you read to me.

This week we are really focusing on partner reading and DISCUSSING our books with one another.  ("Little" book clubs)

Math:

Our focus is problem solving this week.  And yes once again...my buckaroos amaze me!  I just love being their teacher and watching them learn and apply their knowledge.

We played our game SNAP IT with 10 unifix cubes.  Most everyone used their counting on strategy to figure out how many were missing.(joining/addition)  BUT as I'm walking around I notice one of my littles separating!  She started with 10 fingers put down two (the two that she could see) and realized that there were 8 hiding!  It makes me happy when they figure out that they can use different strategies to solve problems!

Science:

What's in the sky? 
We read...

and...



Then we went outside for a quick look in the sky... There were not a lot of clouds yesterday but some...We came in and drew what we observed.  

Have a wonderful Week! 


No comments: