Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday


The 100th Day of School is Feb. 7, 2014!  We are asking that your child bring in a collection of 100 things displayed creatively! This is due on Feb. 3, 2014.  
ALSO...we are asking that your LITTLE dress up like he/she is 100 years old...(possibly something like 
Ms. Guy...who is turning 101 this year <wink>)


BUCKAROO:
C.J. got to eat with the PRINCIPAL today for his special lunch!
Looks like BOTH "boys" are having a good time!! Love those SMILES!!!

LOOK AT THIS WRITING...
Just love how this is ONE small moment at the water park.  She gave us some good details!!!

This little one was just drawing pictures the other day!  And now....I love "DFeT" defeated!  Great vocabulary and using phonetically correct spelling!!!

This little came to me and said..."But I don't know where to put the periods!"  WOW, WOW, WOW!  So, we color coded her paper...we underlined the subject in green, the verb (we call it the connector) in blue and the information in red...once we got to the red we knew there was nothing else and we could put a period!  After we did this throughout her paper...we noticed that instead of periods she was trying to use AND!!!

This little loves to write about her and her sister! WELL...her papers often started...ME and my sisters!!! UGGGG So, each time she brought me a paper like that I would gently say, "When we are talking about ourselves and someone else we need to let the other person go first and call our self 'I'". Today, I was SO excited that she tried to do what we have been talking about!!


This buckaroo brought his paper to me like this!!! It doesn't get MUCH better!!!


No comments: