Friday, September 13, 2013

College Week...


Thank you Addie for being our photographer!!! :)

Next week we are recognizing the importance furthering ones education!
(Since I will be out for a few days this week...if there is anyone that would like to come talk to us about how important school is and how you have used what you learned...PLEASE let me know and we will set up dates and times for you to do that in the coming weeks!)

I started my college career at High Point University (then it was College).  I grew up in a house of educators. My mom was a 4th grade teacher and my dad was a football coach, P.E. teacher, math teacher and shop teacher!  So...from a very young age I KNEW I would become a teacher.  BUT once I got out on my own...I decided I wanted to be an accountant!  OOOPS I didn't know you needed to know how to balance a check book!!! I soon dropped all those classes associated with accounting and put myself back where I belonged! Elementary Education! My freshman year was lots of fun.  I pledged the best sorority EVER... 
and made the cheerleading squad. However, I became very homesick and after my sophomore year I transferred closer to home.
Radford University soon became my home.  I had finished all my general courses and was ready to TEACH!  
Having gone to Radford to be closer to home...my family soon moved to Georgia...should have stayed in North Carolina. 
I will dig up pictures from WAAAAYYY back to recognize College week and share more later!

Treasure Box for everyone who can name one of the colleges  Ms Guy went to on Monday!







No comments: