Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hmmm...

The day flew by and I didn't have a chance to pick up the camera!  After school today I will take some pictures of A-MAZ-ING writing...

Writers Workshop:
Today we talked about adding hair, hands and legs/feet to our characters! Again, DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS. The more detail we put in our picture the more we will have to write about when we are ready! SPEAKING OF READY...my littles are REALLY wanting to write about their pictures and I am so excited!





Readers Workshop:
We continue to work on building stamina in our quiet reading spots. We talked about the three ways to read a book.
During share time I asked how they read their books.  A lot said they looked at the pictures! PERFECT  A few said they made up a story using the pictures.  I then asked, "what was your story about?" My favorite, "Mine was about a boy having a sleep over." She showed us the picture and guess what the title was... THE SLEEP OVER!  Comprehension has already started!!! And then of COURSE we had some that said they are looking at the words and they have found some words that they know!

WEEK THREE and we are readers and writers!!

Math Workshop:
Okay, I know I say it everyday but I am stunned by their number sense! Back to the dots...
What did you see?
3 and 4 and 4... I asked where she saw four. We counted them and my little told me to change the 4's to 5's!
5 and 5 and 3
10 and three
8 and 5
When I asked if all of these ways made the same number it was a loud YES THIRTEEN! Putting numbers together...equals addition.
So not only are we readers and writers we are also MATHEMATICIANS!

Science:
I HEAR with my EARS...
We had to listen to some sounds and identify what they were! We found it to be a little difficult when we couldn't use our other senses as well. We thought the toilet flushing was REALLY FUNNY! (oh kinders)

Have a great evening!

No comments: