Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday...

Tuesdays are the hardest day for me to get up and get motivated!  I find that on Monday, I am missing my sweet little ones so much...I'm excited to get to school! I don't sleep much so on Tuesday at 4:30 am I'm really dragging! So you can only imagine what I'm like by 3:30 pm!

I am finding that our days have so much packed into them but it's hard to get picture/videos of everything because I need both of my hands to make sure everything is moving along! I am LOVING every moment!!!

LIBRARY
This morning we went to the library and Mrs. Biamont had some surprises for us!  We got to make a FUN book about what makes a book sad...One of the NEAT things was MANY of us noticed some of our sight words in the book.  Each page starts off I am...


I am sad when someone tears the pages!

I am sad when some one crumples the pages!

I am happy because you take care of me!


THEN we got to actually PICK out a book.  We haven't learned how to get them off the shelves...so Mrs. Biamont picked some for us and we chose from the table! And then practiced scanning it into the computer!




Your child will get to check ONE book out each week.  If their book is not here on Tuesday when we go to the library they will not be able to check one out that week.  Last week we learned that after we read our book the BEST place to put it is back on our BACKPACK! That way it will be here. 

We read our orange poem and book.  We then underlined orange in our books.  We added our Orange book to our reading bag! We now have two books we can read!

Writer's Workshop:
Today we brainstormed things we would like <love> to write about!  I will recreate this map on paper to add to our classroom!  We had a lot to write about! Feel free to make an individual map with your child and we can add it to your child's writing folder! 


Math Workshop:

 How many days have we been in school?  We talk about the 5 frames...We talk about how we see the dots. And we talk about how many more we need to fill up our 5 frame. Math time is all about UNDERSTANDING the concept of putting together numbers and taking them apart!

We also made an anchor chart of things that come in a group of 1!











We had some hands on experience making EQUAL sets of objects.   Great job!!!
Science:
Talking about our 5 senses... We finished our vocabulary booklet:
I _________ with my _________.  see/eyes, taste/mouth, feel/hands, hear/ears, smell/nose

Then each person was to OBSERVE an apple with their 5 senses...We shared some words that described the apple!
After we listed all the words we could...we circled them according to which sense we used!  red/taste (yes we did get to taste a bit of the apple) "I don't like the green part!"  blue/feel, orange/see, yellow smell, and green/hear... At first we didn't have any greens...Then we decided that we could hear crunchy when we chewed the apple! GREAT THINKING LITTLE SCIENTIST!  So this week try to work  the 5 senses into your talks!  Be sure to use words like "what do you observe?"

SPIRIT STICK:
Each grade level has one spirit stick winner each week! Last week the spirit stick <fairies> decided WE were quietest in the hall, most respectful to our teachers, taking care of our school and just being AWESOME kinders!!! As a reminder of how amazing we are...we carry the stick in the hallway so everyone can SEE!  

Have a wonderful evening and thank you for sharing your little one with me! 

                              



No comments: