Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 21

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, being here with my littles!

Our mornings always seem to FLY by! Mr. I had coffee with the Principal during our regularly scheduled library time...so we had to rush and get there by 8:00! We watched a video about the upcoming BOOK FAIR and all the COOL books they will have.  There were some EXCITED kinders today!
(This is not from today BUT it is in the library! haha I do much better with pictures)


Reader's Workshop:

We went over our Green poem: (row row row your boat)

Today we highlighted our sight words: and, I, to!
Then we talked some more about schema.  (information we already have stored in our brain.)
We talked about our brain being a BIG filing cabinet full of information.  I then showed them a picture:
I asked the littles to go into their filing cabinet (aka brain) and find the cupcake file, open it up and tell me what you know...
I asked if everyone had all the same information...NOPE...Then we talked about how we knew it was "yummy"...because we tasted it.  How did we know their were sprinkles on them...because we have seen them...

Then it was time for literacy workstations:
This is how we know where to go for the day!

Writer's Workshop
We reviewed needing characters, setting and events in our pictures and writing! Then we practiced together writing our story! 

We did add in the the garden after this.  We have all stages of writing in our classroom and everyone is making progress! Way to go buckaroos!


HERO Time
Today we went to Mrs. Shelby's classroom and she said we did a GREAT job and that our class was SWEET! I love to hear that!

Math
Comparing Sets



1 is less than 3. 3 is more than 1.

BIRTHDAYS
And yes...that is plural!!





Happy Birthday Boys!!!

Yellow day/Bright Future Day

No comments: